Mount Agung Trekking
Mount Agung Trekking is one of best adventure in Bali to see the beautiful sunrise. The best way to reach Mount Agung is via Besakih route. The amazing adventure will be started nearby Besakih temple as named screed temple in Bali, we can also called with Mother temple of Bali. The ascent will take aproximately 5 to 7 hours and ends at the very highest point of the mountain 3,142 meters above sea level.
Mount Agung is a mountain that located in Bali Indonesia. This Volcano is the highest point on the island. It dominates the surrounding area influencing the climate. The Balinese believe that Mount Agung is a replica of Mount Meru, the central axis of the universe. One legend holds that the mountain is a fragment of Meru brought to Bali by the first Hindus. The most important temple on Bali, Besakih Temple is located high on the slopes of Gunung Agung. Gunung Agung last erupted in 1963-64 and is still active, with a large and very deep crater which occasionally belches smoke and ash. From a distance, the mountain appears to be perfectly conical, despite the existence of the large crater.
Mount Agung Trekking Itinerary
- 08.30 – 09.00 pm : pick up at your hotel, depend on where are you stay in Bali.
- 11:00 pm : Arrival at Besakih Temple starting point.
- 11:15 pm : Begin our trek to the summit and sunrise point.
- 06:00 am : Arrival at the summit, where we witness the spectacular view and sunrise.
- 07:30 am : Begin our descent to finishing point of our trek.
- 12:00 am : Arrival at starting point and boarding car.
- 02:00 pm : Return arrival at your hotel.
- Pick up and return to your hotel by private air conditioned car
- Experiences private local guides English speaking
- Entrance Fee to Karangasem Area
- Drinking water (1.500 ml)
- Walking Stick
- Coffee or tea
- All meals except those indicates in trekking program
- Porterage fee for personal bag pack / luggage
- Tipping & gratuities to guide & porter
- Personal travel insurance, pre – trip medical immunizations