Mount Agung Trekking
Mount Agung is a mountain that located in Bali Indonesia. This Volcano is the highest point on the island. It dominates the surrounding area influencing the climate. The Balinese believe that Mount Agung is a replica of Mount Meru, the central axis of the universe. One legend holds that the mountain is a fragment of Meru brought to Bali by the first Hindus. The most important temple on Bali, Besakih Temple is located high on the slopes of Gunung Agung. Gunung Agung last erupted in 1963-64 and is still active, with a large and very deep crater which occasionally belches smoke and ash. From a distance, the mountain appears to be perfectly conical, despite the existence of the large crater.
Mount Agung Trekking Itinerary
- 08.30 – 09.00 pm : pick up at your hotel, depend on where are you stay in Bali.
- 11:00 pm : Arrival at Besakih Temple starting point.
- 11:15 pm : Begin our trek to the summit and sunrise point.
- 06:00 am : Arrival at the summit, where we witness the spectacular view and sunrise.
- 07:30 am : Begin our descent to finishing point of our trek.
- 12:00 am : Arrival at starting point and boarding car.
- 02:00 pm : Return arrival at your hotel.
- Pick up and return to your hotel by private air conditioned car
- Experiences private local guides English speaking
- Entrance Fee to Karangasem Area
- Drinking water (1.500 ml)
- Walking Stick
- Coffee or tea